E Visa: Treaty Trader and Investor Visa

Treaty trader (E1) or treaty investor (E2) visas are available for nationals of a country with which the United States has a treaty of commerce and navigation, who seek to carry on substantial trade,  including trade in services or technology  principally between the United States and the treaty country;  or who seek to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested;  or who are in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in the United States.  The Netherlands does have such treaties with the United States.  Treaty trader (E1) or treaty investor (E2) visas are available for executive-level and specialized essential employees of treaty traders and investors who possess the same nationality as the treaty trader or treaty investor company.