If you’re coming for a U.S. citizen service please read the following tips for a smooth consular visit and watch our short video.
- Here you will find all information on our Passport Services
- Here you will find all information on our Notary Services
- Here you will find all information on our Report of birth services
For passport applicants:
- Complete (but don’t sign) passport applications ahead of time – this considerably shortens your visit. Please note: We cannot accept application forms that have been printed back-to-back – single sided pages only!
- Bring photo copies of ALL your original documents!
- Pay special attention to passport photographs. If they don’t meet State Department’s requirements we must ask you to set up a new appointment. See our photo specifications page.
- Please remember to fill in your social security number. This is required by law. If you do not have one please see our section on Social Security.
For our minor passport applicants:
- Parents – please remember to bring your child’s/children’s original birth certificate when applying for a new or replacement passport.
Bring something to entertain yourself and to entertain your children. Your visit could be long, especially in school holidays when we are at our busiest.
For notary clients:
- Please make sure you have read your document(s) to be notarized and know the contents. Do not sign your document, but make sure that all other blanks are filled in before coming to the Consulate.
- If your signature must be notarized and witnessed, you must bring witnesses with you.
- You cannot pay by PIN Card. All Consular fees are to be paid in cash (euro only), or by credit card.
- The fewer items you bring to the Consulate General (i.e. backpacks, suitcases, shopping bags, cameras, laptops, cellphones, etc.), the more quickly the security check will be for everyone.