Social Security

Social Security/Federal Benefits

If you reside in The Netherlands and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Dublin, Ireland.  For more information on their services and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at:

For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World.

If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.


In order to file taxes you will need to have a Security Number. For more information on paying taxes as a U.S. Citizen please see: