Adult passports are valid for 10 years, children’s passports are valid for 5 years.
Apply 8 months before the passport expires or when you less than 8 blank visa pages left.
All passports issued overseas have 52 pages, no pages can be added.
Passports are delivered to you, in the Netherlands, by registered mail only. You must bring a self-addressed return envelope with registered mail postage.
All passport services are available by appointment only and only from the Consulate General in Amsterdam.
U.S. citizens in transit who need to replace a lost or stolen passport, check our ‘Replace a Lost or Stolen passport’ section.
- Apply for a new passport with a still valid or recently expired Adult Passport (issued after age 16)
- Apply for a new Adult Passport, while old passport has expired more than five years ago
- Apply for a new Children’s Passport, applicants under age 16
- Apply for a new passport when applicant is now 16 or older
- Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Replace a Damaged Passport
- Apply for a Second Passport
- Apply for a First Passport for a child born overseas
- Apply for a First Passport as a child born overseas but now over 18
- Apply for a First Passport based on a claim to U.S. citizenship
- Apply for a passport after a Name Change through Marriage/Divorce
- Apply for a passport after a Name Change through other means
- Apply for an Imminent Travel passport
- Apply for a Passport Card
- Replace a Limited Validity passport, Adopted Child
- Replace a Limited Validity Emergency passport