The U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam is presently offering limited passport and notary appointments and we are unable to assist applicants that reside outside the Netherlands for routine services. Please note that the Dutch government has issued a strict travel advisory regarding any cross-border travel at this time, and everyone arriving in the Netherlands is subject to a mandatory 10 day quarantine. Please contact your nearest U.S. Embassy to inquire about their services or possible alternatives. The U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam thanks you for your understanding.
All visitors to the U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam will be required to wear a face covering. All visitors over the age of 2 will be required to bring a face covering to their appointment in order to receive visa or U.S. citizen services. The Consulate will not provide face coverings and you may be denied entry if you do not bring a covering with you. Please plan ahead. For more information on face coverings including how to make, wear, and wash your face covering visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- FORMS: Print only the actual form pages 1 and 2, on two separate sheets, not double-sided. Do not print the attached instructions but use this website instead to prepare your application.
- PHOTOCOPIES: Bring the original documents required for your service and also bring printed plain legible photocopies of ALL these originals, including passports, to your appointment, one full set of copies per application!
- VALIDITY: Adult passports are valid for 10 years, children’s passports are valid for 5 years.
- WHEN TO APPLY: Apply 8 months before your passport expires or when you have less than 8 blank visa pages left.
- PAGES: All passports issued overseas have 52 pages, no pages can be added.
- PHOTO: Passport photos must be 2″x2″ (5×5 Cm.). No other size is acceptable.
- PASSPORT DELIVERY: New passports are delivered to you by mail. You cannot collect your new passport. You must provide a self-addressed envelope with postage attached. We cannot mail passports outside of The Netherlands.
- WHERE TO APPLY: All passport services are available by appointment only and only from the Consulate General in Amsterdam.
- PROCESSING TIME: Current passport processing time is from 2 to 4 weeks.
Apply for an Adult passport and/or a Passport Card
- Apply for a new passport with a still valid or recently expired Adult Passport (issued after age 16)
- Apply for a new Adult Passport, while old passport has expired more than five years ago
- Apply for a new passport when applicant is now 16 or older
- Apply for a First Passport based on a claim to U.S. citizenship
- Apply for a Passport Card
- Replace a Damaged Passport
- Renew a Limited Validity regular passport