The Office of U.S. Citizen Services – Passport/Citizenship Unit:
- Adjudicates citizenship claims;
- Issues first time passports;
- Renews expired passports;
- Amends passports to show change of name; validity, or to correct errors;
- Replaces lost/stolen/damaged passports;
- Registers births of children born in The Netherlands to U.S. citizen parents.
- Adult passports are valid for 10 years, children’s passports are valid for 5 years.
- Apply 8 months before the passport expires or when you have less than 8 blank visa pages left.
- All passports issued overseas have 52 pages, no pages can be added.
- Passports are delivered to you by Dutch domestic mail. If you would like to track your document, you must provide your own Dutch domestic registered mail sticker. You cannot collect your new passport at the Consulate General. We cannot mail passports outside of The Netherlands.
- All passport services are available by appointment only and only from the Consulate General in Amsterdam.
Apply for an Adult passport, Passport Card
- Apply for a new passport with a still valid or recently expired Adult Passport (issued after age 16)
- Apply for a new Adult Passport, while old passport has expired more than five years ago
- Apply for a new passport when applicant is now 16 or older
- Apply for a First Passport based on a claim to U.S. citizenship
- Apply for a Passport Card
- Replace a Damaged Passport
- Renew a Limited Validity regular passport