The United States Consulate General in Amsterdam provides passport services for U.S. Citizens both traveling and residing in the Netherlands. All services related to passports, citizenship, or birth registration are by appointment only. We are open for appointments Monday to Thursday. We are closed to the public on U.S. and Dutch public holidays. The Embassy in The Hague does not provide consular services.
Avoid stress! Apply early
Many countries require all travelers to have at least six (6) months of remaining validity on their passport from their date of entry. Additionally, many airlines will not allow a passenger to board a plane if there is insufficient validity. To avoid delays, double check your passport’s expiration date and apply for a new passport if you are within 8 months of the passport expiring. Avoid travel stress, apply on time. Get your new passport, then book your trip. Remember, children’s passports are only valid for five years! All passports issued overseas will have 52 pages.
U.S. citizens in transit and who need to replace a lost or stolen passport, do not need an appointment but must be able to prove they are in transit, e.g. by presenting a boarding pass, e-ticket, etc.
If you are traveling within the next two weeks but don’t have a valid passport, please go to the ”Emergency Passports” section.
- Apply for a new passport with a still valid or recently expired Adult Passport (issued after age 16) (Use DS-82 form)
- Apply for a new Adult Passport, while old passport has expired more than five years ago (Use DS-11 form)
- Apply for a new Children’s Passport, applicants under age 16 (Use DS-11 form)
- Apply for a new passport when applicant is now 16 or older (Use DS-11 form)
- Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport (Use DS-11 form)
- Replace a Damaged Passport (Use DS-11 form)
- Apply for a Second Passport (Use DS-82 form)
- Apply for a First Passport for a child born overseas
- Apply for a First Passport as a child born overseas but now over 18
- Apply for a First Passport based on a claim to U.S. citizenship
- Apply for a passport after a Name Change through Marriage/Divorce
- Apply for a passport after a Name Change through other means
- Apply for an Imminent Travel passport
- Apply for a Passport Card
- Replace a Limited Validity passport, Adopted Child
- Replace a Limited Validity Emergency passport
FOR SPEEDY SERVICE YOU ARE REQUESTED TO BRING A PLAIN PHOTO COPY OF EVERY ORIGINAL DOCUMENT YOU WILL PRESENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION, INCLUDING YOUR PASSPORT(S). THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COOPERATION.