The Dutch police informed the U.S. Embassy in The Hague of a demonstration scheduled to take place on the Lange Voorhout side of the Embassy on Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 1600-1730.
The demonstration is in opposition to the arrest in Germany of a member of the (Turkish) Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C).
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Europe Travel Alert, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209. USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.