Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration in The Hague
Police stated the following demonstration will take place this Saturday in The Hague:
Date/time: Saturday 09 April 2016, 13.00 – 16.00 hours
Location: Spuiplein – marching via Parkstraat Mauritskade, Koningskade to Den Haag Central Station
Purpose: Protest against the flow of refugees entering the Netherlands
Means: Banners and flags
The demonstration is not directed towards U.S. interests.
General security information
U.S. citizens in the Netherlands are reminded, in general, that if at any time you feel threatened or in danger, please call the Dutch authorities immediately by dialing 1-1-2 for emergency service response from Dutch police, rescue, and fire departments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To contact the Consulate General, please e-mail us at USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov.