The Dutch police have informed U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam of a demonstration scheduled to take place outside the U.S. Consulate General (Museumplein) on Tuesday, January 31, 2017, from 13:00 to 14:30.
Approximately 50 people are expected to take part in the demonstration in opposition to the U.S. President’s Executive Order on Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals. Police will be present to ensure public safety.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209. USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.