Location: The Netherlands, countrywide
Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
Out of an abundance of caution, U.S. Embassy personnel and U.S. citizens in the Netherlands are encouraged to review their personal security practices and contact local authorities regarding security concerns.
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities. https://www.politie.nl/.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.