Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam, Netherlands (March 19, 2020)
Location: The Netherlands
Event: The U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam will be closed on Friday, March 20. A message to U.S. citizens will be sent when the Consulate reopens for emergency consular services for U.S. citizens and emergency visa processing. Please continue to monitor our website for updates. For emergency American Citizens services, please email AmsterdamUSC@state.gov. In case of an emergency involving the death or hospitalization of a U.S. citizen, please call +31 70 310-2209.
The Dutch Ministry of Public Health announced that individuals who may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call their general practitioner or the Dutch Ministry of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) at 0800-1351 for guidance.
For information on the March 11, 2020 Presidential Proclamation on travel from and transiting through Europe, see the Department of State’s Frequently Asked Questions page. For information related to arriving in the United States, refer to the Department of Homeland Security’s website for details.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Netherlands.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. Consulate General Amsterdam
1071 DJ Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter