Where can I view current vacancy listings?
All current job vacancies at U.S. Embassy The Hague and U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam are advertised on ERA internet interface
The U.S. Mission the Netherlands currently has the no job openings:
How do I apply for positions?
All applicants must follow the general steps below to apply for a position through ERA:
1. Go to the ERA internet interface.
2. Log into your ERA user account. If you don’t have ERA user account, please see the section below for instructions to create one.
3. Click on the job title of the position that you want to apply.
4. Click the “Apply to This Vacancy” blue button under “Vacancy Details”.
5. Answer the eligibility questions (or review your previous responses if you have already applied for a job using ERA).
6. Answer the job vacancy questions by selecting the responses that match your previous experience.
7. Ensure that you submit all required documentation before the closing date.
For detailed, step-by- step instructions about applying for jobs in ERA, please download the ERA Applicant User Guide (PDF, 2 MB).
How do I create an ERA user account?
Go to the ERA internet interface and click “Login” to begin the registration process. You will need to fill out your personal and contact information, enter a password, and answer three security questions. Upon completion, you will receive confirmation that your account has been created.
What you should review before applying?
You can take the following steps so that you are prepared to apply to a job vacancy announcement:
- Create an ERA user account if you don’t have one. Ensure your data in your ERA user account is up-to- date.
- Read the full vacancy announcement for a position you are interested in, and ensure that you meet all of the eligibility and qualification requirements.
- Review the Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees, which are characteristics essential for being a successful employee of the U.S. Mission in the Netherlands.
What happens after I apply to a job vacancy?
You will be contacted by e-mail if your application has moved forward in the recruitment process. We only contact qualified and eligible applicants who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities
The U.S. Mission in the Netherlands provides equal employment opportunity and fair and equitable treatment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Thank you for your interest in employment with U.S. Mission the Netherlands!