UNITED STATES CONSULATE GENERAL
Amsterdam, February 14
The Dutch police have informed the U.S. Embassy in The Hague of a demonstration scheduled to take place at Plein, Lange Houtstraat, Lange Voorhout, Heulstraat, Noordeinde, Postzegelboom on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 from 11:30-14:30.
The demonstration is in opposition to the deportation of Faredzjualev Wagif. The Jojanneke Bertens organization is sponsoring this demonstration. The Dutch National Police will monitor the demonstration.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Europe Travel Alert, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209. USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.