Police have informed Consulate Amsterdam of the following demonstration this Saturday, October 29th, in The Hague:
Date/time: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. hours
Location: Malieveld– marching via Korte Voorhout, Lange Voorhout, Parkstraat, Alexanderstraat, to Plein 1813.
Organization: Syrian and Russian Committee
Purpose: Protest against “Illegal U.S. Intervention in Syria”
The demonstration will be monitored by the Dutch National Police. It is recommended that U.S. citizens avoid the area of the demonstration.
General Security Information
U.S. citizens in the Netherlands are reminded, in general, that if at any time you feel threatened or in danger, please call the Dutch authorities immediately by dialing 1-1-2 for emergency service response from Dutch police, rescue, and fire departments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The sending e-mail address is not monitored. To contact the Consulate General, please e-mail us at USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov.