U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
October 18, 2016
Police have informed RSO that a continuous demonstration is scheduled to take place between:
Tuesday, October 18 until Monday, October 24, from 09:00 to 18:00 (excluding the weekend).
Approximately 40-50 demonstrators from the Syrian Committee will gather at the Plein to demonstrate against the bombings in Aleppo, Syria.
The demonstrators will be monitored by the Dutch National Police.
General Security Information
U.S. citizens in the Netherlands are reminded, in general, that if at any time you feel threatened or in danger, please call the Dutch authorities immediately by dialing 1-1-2 for emergency service response from Dutch police, rescue, and fire departments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The sending e-mail address is not monitored. To contact the Consulate General, please e-mail us at USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov.