Location: Announced gathering points and route includes, but is not limited to, the bicycle path alongside the U.S. Embassy, The Hague, Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Tuesday, January 7, 2020, beginning at approximately 2:00 pm and lasting until approximately 4:00 pm. The group will assemble on the bicycle path alongside the Embassy (John Adams Park) and will be protesting recent U.S. actions in Iraq. This event is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the bicycle path in front of the U.S. Embassy during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam +(31) (0) 70 310 2209, firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444