Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the Malieveld/Koekamp in The Hague, Netherlands.
Event: On the morning of Wednesday, February 19, approximately 4,000 Dutch farmers are expected to travel from all over the Netherlands to The Hague with large tractors and farm equipment to protest proposed legislation. The group will assemble at the Malieveld/Koekamp in The Hague and are expected to remain in the area until approximately 6:00 pm. This event is expected to cause significant traffic congestion but is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the Malieveld/Koekamp during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.