Location: Announced gathering points and route include, but are not limited to, the bicycle path alongside the U.S. Embassy, The Hague, Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Monday, August 10, 2020, beginning at approximately 3:00 pm and lasting until approximately 5:00 pm. The group will assemble on the bicycle path alongside the Embassy (John Adams Park) and will be protesting U.S. policy on Sudan. This event is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the bicycle path in front of the U.S. Embassy during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter