Location: Announced gathering points and route includes, but is not limited to, the area in front of the U.S. Embassy, in The Hague, Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Friday, April 5, 2019, beginning at approximately 1:00 pm and lasting until approximately 3:00 pm. The group will assemble on the bicycle path along the fenced area next to highway N44 and adjacent to the U.S. Embassy.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the bicycle path in front of the U.S. Embassy during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.