Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the Museumplein, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration to raise awareness of U.S. policy regarding the most recent Middle East peace plan is expected on Monday, February 3, beginning at approximately 2:00 p.m. and ending at approximately 5:00 p.m. The group will assemble in front of the U.S. Consulate General building on the Museumplein in Amsterdam. This event is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the bicycle path in front of the U.S. Consulate building during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.