Location: Announced gathering points and route includes, but is not limited to, Museumplein, in the vicinity of the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Event: Demonstrations are expected on Friday, February 15, 2019, beginning at approximately 2:00 pm and lasting until approximately 2:30 pm. The group will assemble across from the U.S. Consulate General on the other side of the Museumplein bike path. The U.S. Consulate General will continue normal operations and U.S. citizens with appointments should enter the facility through the main entry door.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.