Location: Malieveld, The Hague
Event: Demonstrations are scheduled to take place beginning on Tuesday, October 15 and ending the evening of Thursday, October 17. Farmers from various regions in the Netherlands are protesting Dutch government livestock policy.
The groups will begin traveling on Tuesday from various locations in the Netherlands on large tractors and assemble at the Malieveld, The Hague. The group plans to protest on Wednesday, October 16 and depart The Hague on Thursday, October 17 to return to their farms. Police expect a high turnout, which will impact public transportation and cause traffic delays. Note that even demonstrations expected to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444