Demonstration Alert – U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam, Netherlands (March 8, 2023)
Location: Announced gathering points in The Hague in Zuiderpark and around Koekamp near Central Station, including on the A12.
Event: Very large demonstrations expected to take place on Saturday, March 11, 2023. The Farmers Defense Force is mobilizing people and tractors to convene at the protest site. Separately, climate activists from Extinction Rebellion plan to block traffic on the A12 (Utrechtsebaan).
U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/en.
U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.