Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the area along the bike path in front of the U.S. Embassy in The Hague, Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Friday, March 12, 2021, beginning at approximately 1:30 pm and lasting until approximately 4:00 pm. The group plans to assemble in front of the U.S. Embassy in The Hague, Netherlands, and is protesting in support of Aung San Suu Kyi, who is detained in Myanmar.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to comply with local government measures against the spread of COVID-19, avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area along the bicycle path along the fenced area of the U.S. Embassy.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
- View Dutch government updates regarding current COVID-19 measures: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.