(January 25, 2021)
Location: The Netherlands, countrywide
Event: According to local media reports, various groups are calling for demonstrations against the Dutch government’s current COVID-19 measures. These demonstrations may occur in various cities throughout the Netherlands. Recent demonstrations have turned violent and Dutch authorities have responded to all instances, arresting hundreds of individuals.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to comply with local government measures against the spread of COVID-19, avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
- View Dutch government updates regarding current COVID-19 measures: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.