Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the Museumplein, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Saturday, January 23, 2021, beginning at approximately 4:00 pm and lasting until approximately 5:30 pm. The group plans to assemble in front of the U.S. Consulate General on the Museumplein in Amsterdam. Additionally, we have received reports of other possible demonstrations on the Museumplein on both Saturday, January 23, and Sunday, January 24. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas near the U.S. Consulate General on the Museumplein in Amsterdam during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.