November 4, 2020
Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the Museumplein, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Wednesday, November 4, 2020, beginning at approximately 8:00 pm and lasting until approximately 10:00 pm. The group will assemble on the grass near the Albert Heijn Supermarket on the Museumplein in Amsterdam. This event is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police will be present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area near the Albert Heijn on the Museumplein in Amsterdam during the event.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.