Location: Announced gathering points and route include, but are not limited to, the Malieveld, The Hague, the Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Saturday, October 12, 2019, beginning at approximately 2:00 pm. The group is protesting to raise awareness of the situation in Syria. This event is expected to be peaceful.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police are aware and will be in the area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
• State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Netherlands Country Information.
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
• Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.