Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the area along the bike path in front of the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Event: A demonstration is expected on Monday, April 19, 2021, beginning at approximately 3:00 pm and lasting until approximately 5:00 pm. The group plans to assemble in front of the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and is protesting for the release of Mumia Abu-Jamal, who is detained in the U.S.
U.S. government personnel and U.S. citizens are advised to comply with local government measures against the spread of COVID-19, avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area along the bicycle path along the fenced area of the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/.
- View Dutch government updates regarding current COVID-19 measures: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Netherlands Country Information.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.