UNITED STATES CONSULATE GENERAL, AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:
The U.S. Consulate Amsterdam notifies U.S. citizens of a demonstration in Amsterdam scheduled to take place starting at Dam Square with a march to the Museumplein Saturday, March 11, 2017, between 12:30 and 15:30.
According to local authorities, a large number of participants are expected to attend Saturday’s “Women’s March Amsterdam.” Police will be present to ensure public safety. While we expect the march to be peaceful, please exercise an appropriate level of security and situational awareness if in the vicinity of the U.S. Consulate General, Dam Square, or the Museumplein during the times mentioned above.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Europe Travel Alert, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 to 16:30 Mondaythrough Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209. USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 to 20:00 Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.