Are you 17-23 years old, (socially) entrepreneurial, and a team player? Do you want to make a positive contribution to society, while strengthening the Dutch-American relationship? Are you a hard worker, looking to further develop your professional skills and your network? Then we might be looking for you!
The U.S. Mission to the Netherlands is launching its Youth Action Council in January of 2019. A small group of students and young professionals will be selected to participate in a one-year program focused on implementing projects with a link to transatlantic goals and challenges. These projects will be designed and implemented by the Youth Action Council, in cooperation with the U.S. Mission to the Netherlands and partners. A project could, for example, be a social media campaign, or an event that you organize for your community.
What we ask of you
- On January 1, 2019 you are between 17 and 23 years old.
- You are available to participate in a one-year program, which includes 8-10 group meetings and runs from January until December 2019. You are available for the kick-off meeting for the Youth Action Council on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31. This meeting will take place in The Hague and is mandatory for all Youth Action Council members.
- Throughout the year, you work together with (some of) your fellow Youth Action Council members on implementing a project of your choice.
What we offer you
- Professional skills development workshops.
- A platform to express your ideas and implement a project of your choice.
- Lots of networking opportunities!
Application and selection process
If the above has sparked your interest, please submit your application by Tuesday, January 1, 2019. You can send your application to IRCTheHague@state.gov with the subject line “Youth Action Council 2019 – [your_name]”.
Your application package (in English) should include:
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page) OR a short video (max. 3 minutes) in which you explain why you want to become a member of the Youth Action Council, as well as why you are a good candidate.
- Your CV, including your:
– First and last name
– Age and date of birth
– Home address
– (Cell)phone number
– Email address
– Current occupation
– Extracurricular activities
January 1 Application deadline
January 3-4 Notification of preliminary selection
January 7-11 Selection interviews
January 11 Notification of final selection
January 31 Kick-off meeting in The Hague (mandatory)
Please note: members of the Youth Action Council are volunteers. This is an unpaid position. Travel expenses to attend meetings will not be covered either.
If you have any questions about the Youth Action Council, please send an e-mail to IRCTheHague@state.gov or call us at (070) 310 2448.