U.S. Consulate Amsterdam notifies all U.S. citizens that Friday August 26 through Sunday, August 28, 2016 Amsterdam will host the annual Uitmarkt on Museumplein, Leidseplein and Vondelpark.
The Uitmarkt attracts around 450,000 visitors annually, making it one of the biggest cultural events in the Netherlands. The festival traditionally opens the new cultural season with more than 350 performances at 30 venues from classic to child-friendly hip-hop, dance, theater, and jazz.
We expect this event to be peaceful. American Citizens should exercise an appropriate level of security and situational awareness if in the area or attending the events. Please use the following link for additional details about event locations in and around Amsterdam.
General security information
U.S. citizens in the Netherlands are reminded, in general, that if at any time you feel threatened or in danger, please call the Dutch authorities immediately by dialing 1-1-2 for emergency service response from Dutch police, rescue, and fire departments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
To contact the Consulate General, please e-mail us at USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov.