Location: Malieveld, The Hague
Event: Demonstration is currently taking place and is expected to end at approximately 3pm. Farmers from various regions in the Netherlands are protesting Dutch government livestock policy.
The groups assembled at Malieveld, The Hague and are driving through The Hague on tractors. The police expect a high turnout, which is already impacting public transportation and causing traffic delays. Note that even demonstrations expected to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. The Dutch police are present to ensure public safety.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.