Location: Koekamp, The Hague
Event: Demonstration expected to take place on Friday, September 27, beginning at 13:00 and ending at 18:00. Several organizations are joining together focused on climate policy.
The group will assemble at Koekamp, The Hague and are expected to march through the center of the city before returning to Koekamp. The police expect a high turnout, which may impact public transportation or cause traffic delays. Note that even demonstrations expected to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.
The route is expected as follows: Koekamp / Malieveld / – Korte voorhout – Tournooiveld – Lange Voorhout – Kneuterdijk – Lange Vijverberg – Tournooiveld – Korte Voorhout – Prinsessegracht – Herengracht – Fluwelen Burgwal – Kalvermarkt – Spui – Schedeldoekshaven – Oranjebuitensingel – Koekamp / Malieveld
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Heed instructions and view updates from Dutch police and government authorities: https://www.politie.nl/
- U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
+(31) (0) 70 310 2209
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Netherlands Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.